Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Fast Metabolism Diet book review

I was provided a copy of this book for review.  The book was given to me, but the opinions are my own.


The Fast Metabolism Diet: Eat More Food and Lose More Weight

I have to admit that I was pretty skeptical upon receipt of the book (B&N  Amazon). (I do not get anything if you purchase from these links, but I thought I would provide them to make the book easier to find.)  How many books have we all read that promise magical solutions to weight loss?  But reading the intro, I realized that Haylie actually has the education and experience to back herself up.  Maybe I could at least try this.

The premise of the book is three phases each week for four weeks.  Phase I is two days, Phase II is two days, and Phase III is three days.  Each phase is doable because it is only for  few days, and the author explains the science behind each phase. 

I actually lost 5 pounds in the first week.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I didn't really feel like I was missing anything, other than sugar, and who needs more sugar? 

The second and third weeks I lost a pound each.  Not as dramatic as I hoped, but still progress.

Week four I just maintained.  So I did not lose 20 pounds in 28 days.  But I feel much better.  More energetic and clear-headed.  I would recommend the book for those whose metabolism seems resistant to weight loss.

The author also has a website with recipes and more information, found here.

No comments: